Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's 2014 - Happy New Year

The first day of the year 2014 was spent with a late breakfast and doing some revisions of my novel.  In between, I couldn't help but ponder on what the new year will bring.  I still distinctly remember the first few minutes of the new year in 1970 and a family member was vocally explaining that it's a new decade, and she was scared of what was coming...wars, famine, nuclear holocaust, oil crisis, and many more!  I was 13 years old then.

44 years later and we're still here.  I have witnessed many things and have been in countless challenges.  And just like the Elton John song, "I'm still standing!"  No matter what may come, I do have the power within me to change the world and make it as beautiful as I can imagine it to be.  I have the vision, desire and dream to make this year the best in my life!

This novel I'm writing about, PhD students who are just starting in their PhD journey, will see the light of day this year, soon, now!  This novel will also propel me to cross that river and join in the PhD journey.  Bring it on then!

Happy New Year!

No comments: