Sunday, November 24, 2019

The nth revival of this blog

My logo c/o RMO
I originally started this blog in June 2008 while I was still in the Philippines, teaching at Miriam College.  I was an Assistant Professor teaching for nearly 20 years at the Communication Arts department.  Earlier on in my teaching career, I've found my passion---mentoring and coaching rather than just teaching.  Up until then, I've had an amazing time with my students, whether it was in radio-TV production, journalism, film, theater arts, drama, communication theory, audiovisual productions, media laws and ethics, development communication, and communication management.  I also taught undergrad students at St. Mary's College-Quezon City as well as Masteral students (mostly Chinese international students) at one of my alma mater, Far Eastern University (FEU).  But I had to leave that all behind for another great adventure in Aotearoa New Zealand.  I was offered a Teaching Fellowship with the Screen and Media Studies department of the University of Waikato, with the option to develop my topic for my PhD.  That's how PhDchannel.com came about.  And it's been 11 years since then.  This blog has been resurrected so many times, hopefully this time it will be for good.  As for my PhD, I never got to finish it.  It's still a work-in-progress!  And that's another story!

No comments: