Friday, July 7, 2017

Engagement

Photo c/o phdcomics.com
Now that I've revived this blog, I'm looking for like-minded people all over the planet, who would like to share their researches, theses, and dissertations.  One will devote heaps of time and resources to write these things, and it would be great if many others will be able to benefit from it.  Let this be one of the go-to site for postgraduate students.

In our journey through graduate school, we have to face many challenges---family, funding, advisers, books, other students, and many more.  For some, they have to juggle working and studying at the same time.  I was a working student when I was studying for my Master's, working and studying, both full-time.

I was already teaching when I started my postgraduate journey.  Perhaps, being a teacher would allow me to do what I did.  I normally finish my class by 4 p.m., have a quick merienda and then go to my graduate school class by 5:30.  Well, it also helped that both schools where near each other, allowing for a smooth and fast transition.  But I've had classmates who would come from across the city just to be in class on-time.  I admired them for their dream, drive, and determination.  May they find the proverbial pot of gold at the end of their rainbow.

No comments: