Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The day before Christmas

It's the day before Christmas here in NZ.  For some it's a working day, for others their day-off (just like me), and for most the start of a very long weekend, lasting all the way to January 5, 2014.

I'm sure that the Christmas rush has begun.  I dropped off my wife at work and I've noticed the more than usual number of vehicles parked in the supermarket where she works.  For what is Christmas without the food!  The gifts, food, parties, seems to have replaced the real essence of Christmas.

I'm not trying to sermonise because I have no qualification to do so.  It's just an observation born out of nearly 60 Christmases!  Receiving and giving gifts, partaking of the simple or sumptuous food, and the constant and endless partying for some, is all part of Christmas.  Add a sprinkle of spirituality into the mix, and you're on the right path.

No comments: