Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's nearly Christmas!

Less than a week before Christmas!  Here in NZ, after this Friday it's going to be a long break for most people.  It would be interesting to find out, how do PhD students (all over the world) celebrate Christmas day/season/break?

For us who are in the Southern Hemisphere, we have Hot, not just warm, sunny days, around this time.  Many will be heading to the beach and some will be doing their annual winery tours.  Others head to the South island and bask in the cool weather of the Southern Alps.

As for moi, I will be in front of my Mac hammering, pounding and extracting everything I can from my brain to come up with a decent Chapter 4 of my Master's thesis!  I even have a Skype session with my adviser on December 24!  But no worries, I like it that way!

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention, I also have to work for a living while finishing at least 20,000 more words for the novel I'm working on.  Now that's my Christmas break, what's yours?

No comments: