Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Holy Bible

Photo c/o RMO
I was coming back to Auckland from Hamilton last Saturday afternoon, when I heard on the radio that it is estimated that 5-billion Bibles have been printed as of the present.  I'm sure it would be difficult or nearly impossible to track the number of copies but there is little doubt that the Bible is the world's best-selling and most widely distributed books.  It has been translated into more than 350 languages, the most number than any book ever written or printed.  This is a good link if you want to know some more information about the Bible.  I have five Bibles at home, all of different versions.  I also have others books that talk, analyze and expound more about the Bible.  It is mandatory reading for seminarians.  I like best this popular quote that I often hear from learned people: "ang Bibliya ay hinde dapat basahin lamang.  Ito ay dapat isabuhay."  Amen to that.

No comments: